HighLights

  1. What is Virtual Message?
  2. Types of Virtual Message.
  3. All HSC Board Examples with Answer.
  4. More Examples for Practice.

What is message?

A communication containing some information, news, advice, request, or the like, sent by messenger, telephone, email, or other means.

What is Virtual Message?

Virtual message is a message sent by using virtual medium like internet or telecom. 

Types of Virtual Message? 

Virtual message are of two types, formal virtual message and informal virtual message. 


Types of Virtual Messages

Informal

Formal

Difference 

Parents, Relatives, Friends etc 

Teachers, Principal, Office bearers etc 

Without specific format 

With 
specific format 

Informal language   
is used. 

Formal language 
is used. 




HSC Board Exam Marking Scheme for Virtual Message.


Marking Scheme of Virtual Message.

Content. 2 Marks.

Flow of Ideas.  1 Mark

Language (Appropriateness) 1 Mark



Format of formal Virtual Message

Important Components of Virtual Message.

1) Date. 
2) Time. 
3) Name of the recipient. 
4) Message Body. 
5) Sender's Name. 

1) Date:- Write the date if it's given in the question, else you can write your imaginary date, but be careful while writing the imaginary date as it must be based on the situation. 

2) Time:- The is inseparable element of the virtual message, again the time must be suitable to the situation. Example if you have to convey the message in the office about your colleagues' inability to attend the office it must be sent in the morning and not in the evening. Thus timing should be based on context. 

3) Name of the Recipient:- After day Date and time you must write the name of the recipient. It is given in the question. 

4) Body of Message:- It's the core of the virtual message. It should be 3 to 5 sentences, not more than that. There should be small and easy sentences which cover the main message that has to be conveyed in short. 


'YOU MAY ALSO LIKE'

 Book Review 

Book Review of "Man Mai hai vishwas"

5) Sender's Name:- 

At the end of the message you should write the name of the sender which is given in the question. If not given you can write the name based on the context. 

📌Some important Tips for writing Virtual Message. 

📌 The word limit of the message should be 50 to 100 words. 

📌Use indirect speech for writing virtual message. 

📌 Only important details should be written. 

📌 Don't use ambiguous language, use language which is simple and easy to understand. 

📌 Don't use slang language and abbreviations as used in informal message. 

📌 Virtual Message should be short and to the point

Example of Virtual Message from last three HSC Board Exams.

July 2024. 

Virtual Message.

Imagine, Sunny has been selected to appear in the final round of the singing competition. Sunny's father has moved out of the city for some official work. Sunny tried to call his father several times. But, due to the connectivity issues, he is unable to contact his father. Draft a virtual message in about 50 words to convey


Expected Answer:- 




16th July. 2024
09:20 am. 

Dear Dad, 

Good morning dad. I am exited to inform you that I've been selected for the final round of the singing competition. I tried calling several times since morning but couldn't reach you due to connectivity issues. I'm excited as it was one of the biggest dreams and hope you'll be proud of me.

You precisely about the same.

Your loving Son,

Sunny.



February 2024.

Virtual Message.

Manisha, a graduate girl, misses her college bus. Her father has gone for his regular morning walk. She needs his bike to appear for her entrance test. Draft a virtual message in about 50 words that she would write to her father.

Expected Answer:- 




16th February 2024
7:10 am. 

Dear Dad, 

I hope you're having a good walk. I'm sorry to disturb you, but I missed the college bus and need your bike to get to my entrance test. I wanted to let you know that I've taken your bike to get to my entrance test, as the test is really important, so I didn't want to miss it. I'll be careful and return it to you as soon as I'm back. Thank you so much for your understanding.

From,

Your loving daughter,

Manisha



July 2023.

Virtual Message 

Imagine, you have been late to attend your 'Piano Class'. Draft a message in about 50 words to convey the same to your Piano teacher. Give your own reasons to support your message.

Expected Answer:- 




18th July 2023,

10:00 am

Dear Piano Teacher,

I am extremely sorry to inform you that I won't be able to class in time. I apologize for being late to my class today. I encountered unexpected transportation issues that caused the delay. I highly value our lessons and assure you it won't happen again. Thank you for your understanding.

Yours Sincerely 

Sunil Kumar Singh 



February 2023.


Virtual Message 

Imagine yourself as Ramesh. You are required to go to Pune to participate in the national level Chess Competition and hence you won't be able to attend the class-test. Draft a virtual message for your friend Sanket in about 50 to 75 words asking him to convey the reason of your absence to your subject teacher.

Expected Answer:- 



18th February 2023,

9:30 am

Dear Sanket,

How are you? I hope you're doing well. I am very happy to share with you that I've qualified for the national level Chess Competition in Pune, which is scheduled during the same time as our upcoming class-test. Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to appear for the test. I am requesting you to convey this reason to our subject teacher and let them know about it. I assure that I'll make up for it once I'm back. I truly appreciate your help in this matter.Thanks a lot.


Your Loving Friend 

Ramesh



July 2022

You think of attending a programme on 'Environment Protection' at your college. At the same time you find it difficult to meet your friend which you have promised. Write a message to your friend convincing about the same.
Draft this message in about 100-150 words specifying your own benefits to attend the programme.


Expected Answer:- 



18th July 2022
11:00 am. 

Vijay, 

I have got call from the College about attending the very important programme on 'Environment Protection' being the students of science it's mandatory for me to attend it. It won't be possible for me to meet you as we planned meeting at 5:00 pm. Meeting you is important but attending the programme is more important as it not only benifits me academically as well as practically. I am extremely sorry for inability to keep my words.

Your loving friend,

Dipak.



March 2022.

Imagine that you have won two entry tickets to a popular drama at a theatre near you this weekend. Draft a message in about 100/150 words to convey the incredible news to your best friend.

Expected Answer:- 



18th March 2022
05:00 pm. 

Dear Shiva, 

I am very happy to inform you that I have won two entry tickets of the renowned drama of 'Natsamrat' at Shamukhanand Auditorium this weekend. I would be very happy if you join me to enjoy this drama on Saturday. Waiting for your reply.

Your loving friend

 Isha.




Sept.2021.

Imagine, you are Rahul /Jyoti studying in 12th standard. You are going to attend an International Awareness Programme in New Delhi the next week.

Draft a message in about 100/150 words to convey the same to your classmate. Give your own reasons to support your message.


Expected Answer:- 




9th Dec. 2022
10:00 am

Prince, 

I am going to New Delhi to attend the an International Awareness Programme to be held next week. As we are the students of 12th, so this programme is going to be very useful for me. It would have been very useful for you too. But don't worry I will attend it and inform you precisely about the same.

From,

Your loving classmate,

Rahul.



Question for Practice.


1) Imagine that you have to leave your hostel room to attend to a relative coming at the city hospital from your native place. Draft a message in about 100/150 words giving reason of your absence at the birthday party of your roommate at the hostel. Give your own reasons to support your message.

✒️Expected Answer :- 


Monday, January 24,
5:00 pm

Dear Raju, 

Manohar uncle has to be admitted in city hospital for the treatment of joint pain. As he is alone and from my native place he is unaware about the admission process in the hospital and other formalities so I have to be there with him. So I have to leave the hostel room by 5:15 pm to receive him from the station and do the other formalities. I am the only person to take care him in the city. I am well aware about the fact that my presence in your birthday party is matter a lot. Being your roommate I must attend the party but as Manohar uncle is in need of me. I am very sad to express my inability to attend your birthday party. Wish you very happy birthday day. 


Yours lovingly 

Vijay.  



Virtual Message

You are a girl student of engineering, recently the government of Maharashtra has announced the free education for girls, The Rotary Club" has organized an awareness seminar on the same. As you are going to attend the same and that's the reason you won't be able to attend the birthday of your close friend.

✒️Expected Answer :- 


11th July 2024
10:00 am.

Dear Raju, 

I hope you're well. I regret to inform you that I can't attend your birthday celebration. I need to attend an important seminar on the new government initiative for free education for girls organized by the Rotary Club.

I understand how much my presence means to you, and I'm truly sorry. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and I'll make it up to you soon.

Yours lovingly,

Vijay.  



More Examples for Practice.

3) Virtual Message.

You think of attending a programme on 'Environment Protection' at your college. At the same time you find it difficult to meet your friend which you have promised. Write a message to your friend convincing about the same. Draft this message in about 100-150 words specifying your own benefits to attend the programme.

4)Virtual Message

Imagine, you have to leave early from home for an interview. Draft a message in about 100/150 words, to convey the same to your friend. Give your own reasons to support your message.

5) Virtual Message

Imagine, you are not well and will not be able to attend lectures at college. Draft a message in about 100/150 words to convey the same to your teacher. Give your own reasons to support your message.

6) Virtual Message

Imagine, you have planned different methods to study for your board exam. Draft a message in about 100/150 words, to give these details to your friend. Give your own reasons to support your message.


Online Dnyan Mohastav. Exam Oriented Lecture Series for Std 12th March 2022.

 📝Day Three 2nd February 📝

               Eminent Speaker.

Prof. Nadeem Khan. 

(Nutan Kanya Junior College, Bhandara)

(Member of BoS Maharashtra State Board) 

Today's Topic:- Summary, Virtual Message, Statement of Purpose, Group Discussion, Email, Report and Interview Questions. 



 










Share